March’s program was fun! Elsie Gaber and Meredith Willcox showed us how to make a “Scrappy 4 Patch” quilt. They took 5” squares, made them into a 4-patch block, then manipulated them, so as to make the Hourglass Block.
- Sew 5″ squares together to make a four patch.
- Put two four-patches together, face to face, and sew 1/4″ all around the outside.
- Cut the sewn block diagonally, (twice), in an “X” fashion.
- Open each block and press.
- Arrange however you wish.
Elsie also gave a tip on using ties as the material of choice
- Remove backing
- Safety pin ties together at top and bottom
- Wash in hot water
- Iron and use a stabilizer
- Cut to desired shapes