The September Program was the 2016-2017 HOF Challenge Reveal, “Curved Quilts”. The rules: Your quilt had to have curved piecing in it.
Members were encouraged to enter their quilt for judging (by silent ballot) by guild members. If you didn’t finish it in time for this reveal, you are encouraged to finish it in time for the quilt show in June. All entries will be hung together at the show.
There were 12 participants. Kay Beach, Debra Freese, Elsie Gaber, Joan Harrison, Diane Jarvis, Linda Kowalski, Andrea O’Brien, Marilyn Peck, Cathy Poyner, Celia Riggle, Bonnie Schultz, and Rose Marie Smith.
The winners were as follows:
- 1st–Debra Freese ($25 gift certificate from Wildflower Quilting)
- 2nd–Linda Kowalski ($20 gift certificate from Grandma’s Room)
- 3rd–Diane Jarvis ($15 gift certificate from Hobby Lobby)
And here are photos of the other participants’ beautiful quilts! It was so hard to choose a favorite. They were all gorgeous!! Thanks for everyone’s participation. We look forward to seeing them at the 2018 HOF Quilt Show.
SEPTEMBER SHOW & TELL: We had a great Show & Tell this month. Here’s a collection of everyone’s beautiful quilts.
SHOW & TELL:
- Meredith Willcox:
- Quilt in navy blue;
- Counted cross-stitch with a Christmas theme;
- Embroidered butterflies with lime green;
- Stack & Whack in navy blue with dark blue back.
- Amanda Moots:
- Linus blanket, of patchwork, hand quilted by her.
- Barb Roberts:
- 3 old antique blocks that were purchased & she hand-quilted them, using antique green fabric.
- Alice Allinson:
- Baby Quilt for co-worker who is having a girl; in pinks with pink giraffes.
- King-size wedding quilt in golds and cream
- Susan Chidester:
- Large 4-patches in oranges & light green, outlined in white with orange backing;
- Large diamond-shaped pieces in teal & purples.
- A challenge quilt in moss green, purples, and lavender.
- Kathaleen Winkleman:
- First completed quilt made from Jelly Roll in purple/aqua. She said it was a “learning experience.”
- A “tell”: Finished two other quilts for granddaughters.
- Barb Bevell:
- Memory Pillow for husband from his work shirts (he works for Southwestern Bell). She utilized the buttons on the front of the shirt as the closure.
- First “block of the month” fromShelley Pagliai’s newest pattern, “Sew Sweet”.
- Mary Shoaf:
- She took a Lenny Wiener Class and made two portrait quilts from photos for her daughters.
- Marilyn Peck:
- Quilt top to go in “great-grandbaby’s hope chest” even though none of her grandchildren are married at this time.
- Maria Bradshaw:
- Linus blanket in dark blue with lavender back.
- Mary Magruder:
- Veteran’s quilt top in “Spin Cycle” pattern; blue print with flag print.
- Kathy East:
- Veteran’s quilt top in “Spin Cycle” pattern, red print with flag print.