(Thank you to Alice Allinson for providing the pictures this month.)
Show and Tell:
- Andrea O’Brien
- Turned her Neon Dreams project from teaching a class into a twin-size quilt and a small quilt;
- purple backing; quilted with white thread.
- Kathaleen Winkleman
- Vintage orange pansy quilt; bought the flower blocks at Nana’s Second Chance; used orange floral green print sashing.
- Susan Chidester
- Block-of-the-month quilt with Civil War fabrics.
- Sherry Calloway
- Fall quilt of golds and browns for niece; picture fabric on the back.
- Sunsets and mountains quilt for sister; wine cork fabric on the back.
- Elsie Gaber
- Purchased a Quilt of Valor pattern book at Paducah; quilt of patriotic scraps.
- “Tied in a knot with my bo” – quilt using forty of Ron’s ties.
- Krista Baker
- Quilt of swap shop squares and embroidered blocks.
- Baby quilt of diamonds with red sashing; quilted by Karen Farnsworth.
- Deb Freese
- Completed UFO table runner of Christmas fabrics (her #3); only needed to add the binding to finish it.
- Liz Mills
- Quilt for grandson #6 (her #3); used a free pattern from Pat Sloan “Oh my stars.”
- Scarlett Ragas
- UFO quilt from 2007 (#6 of her challenges).
- Teddy Caves
- Halloween table runner (her #3).
- Mary Magruder
- Linus quilt made of blocks and green print sashing (her #3).
The 2018-2019 Challenge this year was “Applique”. Kathaleen Winkleman and Andrea O’Brien gathered the Challenge entries as members entered the building for the meeting. There were 21 entries. Entries were paraded around the room; members cast their votes for their favorite quilt.
The winners of the 2018 – 2019 challenge (Applique):
- 1st place: Debbie Hudnall; her prize was a layer cake.
- 2nd place: Bonnie Niebruegge; her prize was two charm packs.
- 3rd place: Barb Roberts; her prize was marking pens and an ironing sheet.
There will be a category in next year’s quilt show where challenge pieces can be submitted.