What a wonderful Show & Tell we had this month! So much progress going on. Members are cranking out the projects, that’s for sure.
- Wall hanging.
- Ball of barn doors made for granddaughter instead of a baby quilt.
- Christmas-themed quilt; quilted by herself with a pantograph of berries and holly leaves.
- Panel quilt so she could practice quilting.
- Lighthouse quilt for her son Scott.
- Panel quilt for a little girl in emergency foster care.
- Quilt for a little boy in emergency foster care.
- Doll quilt of strip pieces.
- TINY Half-Square triangle star quilt.
- Project #2: big star block quilt from leftover pieces; already given to Linus; quilted by Deb Freese.
- Project #2: Table runner of gray, turquoise, and pin; nephew has four children and a long table.
- House wall hanging from class with Andrea O’Brien and Allice Allinson.
- Quilt of gray blocks surrounded by little blocks for granddaughter’s 16th birthday; quilted by Alice Allinson.
- 2016 UFO of log cabin blocks; practiced free motion stitching.
- Prayer quilt block with a Mardi Gras theme.
Rose Marie Smith
- “Kaffe’s Kites” – table runner composed of Kaffe Fassett’s fabrics.
- Top made of flower pieces and other blocks.
- Project #2: “Peach blast.”
- Quilt of jean pockets.
- Quilt of mother’s embroidered blocks.
- Bow tie quilt; someone gave her the blocks.
- “Blessed are the quilters.”
- Row by row houses for either a wall hanging or a table runner.
- Tree skirt quilted with gold thread.
- Disappearing hourglass quilt of 10” squares of purples, pinks, and greens.
- Redwork quilt by her mother in the 1920s.
- King-size top of multicolored scrap pieces.
- Baby quilt of blue and light blue stars; finished six years ago.
- Gold and maroon small wall hanging; kit belonged to her mother.
- House wall hanging from class with Andrea O’Brien and Alice Allinson; work in progress.
- Redwork quilt by her mother.
- Project #2: “Witches Night Out,” Halloween theme made from stash fabrics.
- 36” quilt for a veteran; friend in St. Louis awards quilts to those on an Honor Flight.
- Project #2: Sampler quilt for a missionary just engaged; used Shelly Paglia’s block of the month for Sew Sweet; quilted by Wanda Cagle.
- Library ordered a book Sunday Best Quilts because she asked about it; made a sampler quilt using blocks from the book in turquoise, melon, and lime green.
- Purchased 70 string pieced blocks from garage sale of Evelyn Glasglow’s belongings; blocks were backed by Good Housekeeping magazine pages from 1940 to 1948; the magazines belonged to Mollie Glore; quilt was made with the string blocks; “Mollie, Evelyn, and Me.”
- Project #2: finished; “Flower Power;” given to daughter for Christmas.
- Baby quilt with large giraffes for a friend.
Deb Freese and Barb Roberts
- “Fiesta Quilt made with fiesta ware colors; for Kathy Hatfield’s recovering mother.
- Rescue double knit quilt #2; quilted by Deb Freese; has blocks of checkerboard with 36 pieces in each block; backed by a paisley print minky; for the camper.
- Wedding ring quilt top made with double knit (Future “Rescue Double Knit quilt #3); bought by Bev Winn and sold to Barb.
- Two rag quilts for babies; has pockets for toys.