Archive for the ‘Meeting’ Category
The January meeting of the Hands of Friendship Quilt Guild was held January, 15, 2020 at the Arts Center in Kirksville
Show & Tell:
- Wedding ring quilt done by a customer with lots of old fabrics; first time she did curved bias binding.
- Project #8: Pink and gray quilt for Linus; quilted by Amanda Moots.
- Project #12: Linus quilt done in bright tropical colors.
- Diaper bag made of ripstop nylon for 39-year-old stepdaughter expecting first baby.
- Baby quilt made with Lori Holt fabric; free pattern “Ground Cover” by Me & My Sister adapted by Missouri Star Quilt Company and also by Deb; cross-hatched quilting achieved by quilting upside down using the grid on the backing fabric.
- Table runner from a kit with fabric featuring hedgehogs and kangaroos.
- Project #12: quilt of leftover blocks of pink and yellow with gray and pink backing and sashing.
- “Ribbons and Lace,” old fabrics from Mom and herself; dotted swiss on the back; Barbizon embroidery trim; is a baby quilt from Grandma or Great grandma.
- Red Valentine’s table runner.
- Christmas placemats.
- Mitten ornaments.
- Tote bag composed of 2016 row by row leftovers.
- Table runner–birdhouses/birds from row by row leftovers.
- Wall hanging using leftovers from row by row.
- Patriotic birdhouses wall hanging.
- Mantle cover for quilt shop composed of leftover blocks; UFO.
- Table covering from a cutter quilt.
- “New Things,” snowflake table runner.
Anne Moody – speaker for the evening
- 12-year-old daughter took a photo at the Atlanta aquarium; daughter dyed fabric in the fall of her senior college year and made this quilt.
Rose Marie Smith
- Project #12: “Checkered Path,” Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
- Quilt of purples, pinks, and greens; Tula Pink fabrics; Stephanie Soebbing design; quilted by Effie Sickal.
- “Bits and pieces,” saw this online – scraps in strips; black and white sashing; quilted by Andrea O’Brien.
Anne Moody, a professor at Truman State University, told us about plans for the Kirksville Labyrinth Center to be located near Spur Pond in Kirksville. It will be a community place to de-stress. Check out Kirksville Labyrinth Center on Facebook. A handout was available.
Our 2019 Christmas Party was a held at the First United Methodist Church on December 18. Lots of members were able to attend and everyone enjoyed the wonderful food, exchanges, and games.
This year’s Christmas Exchange was to make a stocking. There were some beautiful stockings to be had!
Show and Tell, December 18, 2019
- Macy Nunan
- Quilt for her aunt; “the hardest quilt she ever made.”
- Quilt of a deer panel and pinwheels made by brother Max.
- Coasters for Meredith Willcox.
- Barb Roberts
- Quilt of dogs in frames; Scottie dogs on backing fabric.
- Joan Harrison
- Quilt of colorful blocks composed of fish scraps from her daughter; fish on the back.
- Mary Magruder
- Linus quilt; kid fabric on the back.
- Elsie Gaber
- Project #5: embroidered purple irises in a Sudoku pattern; cross-stitched by Meredith Willcox; quilted by Joan Harrison; lavender batik fabric on the back.
- Blocks of Love quilt done in bright colors; purchased at Paducah in 2013.
- Barb Bevell
- Project #5: quilt of itty bitty orange and white triangles from Pat Kurtzeman with an added touch of blue.
UFO Challenge: For the next month project #12 is the challenge.