For our Christmas Party, we have been asked to bring a pillowcase to donate.
This is just one example of the Burrito Style Pillowcase. It was published by the American Patchwork & Quilting and used in their 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge.
Or a printable copy: HOF Guild-RollItUpPillowcase
Our October guild meeting was full of beautiful quilts, starting with Kris Kilderman from the Sewing House in Ottumwa, Ia., who shared her quilts and discussed color theory. She and her friend used to have the Sewing Bus years ago. Kris told some fun stories about the bus and also provided members with handouts and a free pattern!
And the Show & Tell was equally awesome, with lots of funny stories, to boot.
Jana Russon has been on a bowl-making frenzy and shared some of her colorful bowls with us. It’s a great segway to November’s program by Deb Freese and Barb Roberts on how to make them. (Kits will be available for $5) Be sure to attend and see how easy and fun these are to make!
The date is set. Plans are being made. The Christmas Party will be here soon!!
The Christmas Committee has some fun things planned for us. Be sure to read the information below about the items you are asked to bring for the GAME, the EXCHANGE, and the COMMUNITY SERVICE donation (all are optional).
The signup sheet will be passed around at the November meeting, so if you aren’t at the meeting, be sure to let someone on the committee know that you want to come. (Cost will be determined by the next meeting, too.)
Christmas Committee members:
- *Kim Sampson
- *Maria Bradshaw
- Deb Freese
- Alice Allinson
- Andi O’Brien
- April Bartlett
Be sure to come and enjoy the food, the fun, the fellowship, and the friendship!
- DATE: December 19, 2018
- TIME: 6:30 pm
- PLACE: Our regular meeting location. (The Arts Center, 1902 S. Baltimore, Ste. 100)
- BRING: (All are Optional)
- The GAME (Optional): 25 – 5″ squares of ANY fabric
- The GIFT EXCHANGE (Optional): “Pin Cushion Exchange”
- Make a pin cushion to exchange (anything goes)
- Package the pin cushion using something from your recycle bin (box, can, container–the more unusual the better.)
- Possible stuffing for the pin cushion: polyester fiberfill, wool batting, crushed walnut shells (lizard litter), decorative filler sand (floral department at Hobby Lobby), or any combination.
- The COMMUNITY SERVICE Donation (Optional): Bring a pillow case to donate.
- Listed below are several links to the “Burrito Style Pillowcase”. There are lots of other methods, too. Just “Google It” and have fun!
See you at the Christmas Party. You won’t want to miss it!
The 2019 Challenge Quilt was announced at the October Guild meeting. It’s APPLIQUE! The committee members encouraged everyone to give Applique a try. Three unique ways to add applique to your quilt are provided here, in a printable form: 2019 challenge quilt instructions.
- Construct a quilt that incorporates applique.
- Your quilt can use machine or hand applique. (We have included some basic instructions as suggestions–see printable instructions, above).
- No size requirement for your quilt.
- Complete your quilt and bring it to the September 2019 guild meeting for judging and the awarding of prizes.
You must finish the quilt within this year, so if you have one started from years ago, FINISH it!!
Get started now, ladies. The reveal will be here before you know it!