For our Christmas Party, we have been asked to bring a pillowcase to donate.
This is just one example of the Burrito Style Pillowcase. It was published by the American Patchwork & Quilting and used in their 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge.
Photo courtesy of the American Patchwork & Quilting “1 Mission Pillowcase Challenge”.
Or a printable copy: HOF Guild-RollItUpPillowcase
The date is set. Plans are being made. The Christmas Party will be here soon!!
The Christmas Committee has some fun things planned for us. Be sure to read the information below about the items you are asked to bring for the GAME, the EXCHANGE, and the COMMUNITY SERVICE donation (all are optional).
The signup sheet will be passed around at the November meeting, so if you aren’t at the meeting, be sure to let someone on the committee know that you want to come. (Cost will be determined by the next meeting, too.)
Christmas Committee members:
- *Kim Sampson
- *Maria Bradshaw
- Deb Freese
- Alice Allinson
- Andi O’Brien
- April Bartlett
Be sure to come and enjoy the food, the fun, the fellowship, and the friendship!
- DATE: December 19, 2018
- TIME: 6:30 pm
- PLACE: Our regular meeting location. (The Arts Center, 1902 S. Baltimore, Ste. 100)
- BRING: (All are Optional)
- The GAME (Optional): 25 – 5″ squares of ANY fabric
- The GIFT EXCHANGE (Optional): “Pin Cushion Exchange”
- Make a pin cushion to exchange (anything goes)
- Package the pin cushion using something from your recycle bin (box, can, container–the more unusual the better.)
- Possible stuffing for the pin cushion: polyester fiberfill, wool batting, crushed walnut shells (lizard litter), decorative filler sand (floral department at Hobby Lobby), or any combination.
- The COMMUNITY SERVICE Donation (Optional): Bring a pillow case to donate.
- Listed below are several links to the “Burrito Style Pillowcase”. There are lots of other methods, too. Just “Google It” and have fun!
See you at the Christmas Party. You won’t want to miss it!
Oh, what a fun time we all had at the 2017 HOF Christmas Party! We met at the Kirksville Arts Association building on South Baltimore at 6:30 on December 20. After a few brief announcements, several Show & Tells, the party got started!
The Christmas Party committee outdid themselves again this year! We had a wonderful meal catered by Baker’s BBQ of Kirksville, Randy Smith provided the musical entertainment, participants in the Christmas Exchange loved their “snack mats”, and everyone enjoyed the wild “cellophane ball” game. In fact, trying to unwrap that giant cellophane wrapped ball of gifts became quite competitive!
SHOW & TELL:
GAME: “Unwrap the big cellophane ball and get prizes before your neighbor rolls doubles and you have to pass it on”.
The Christmas exchange was a new idea for the guild that Deb Freese brought from her former guild. Each person who wanted to participate was to make a small, “Snack Mat” (approximately 11’x14″) and place it in a unique, but ordinary, box. No wrapping necessary. It was fun to see everyone’s creations!
A fabulous time was had by all of those attending the Hands of Friendship Annual Christmas party. Check out the fun we had as we played “Strip Poker”using the Left/Right/Center rules. We used 2 1/2″ strips of fabric for “money” and screams of laughter could be heard from around the room as fabric was won and lost with the roll of the die.
Donations were taken for the Food Pantry and for Katy Fine Newman, a fellow quilter, who lost her home in a recent fire. Members filled a basket to overflowing of fabric and supplies for her. All fabric strips from the game were given to Katy, too.
A big “thank you” to the committee who put the party together and did the wonderful decorating. And thanks to Randy Smith for the beautiful music. The catered meal was awesome, too!