Posts tagged ‘Events’
The date is set. Plans are being made. The Christmas Party will be here soon!!
The Christmas Committee has some fun things planned for us. Be sure to read the information below about the items you are asked to bring for the GAME, the EXCHANGE, and the COMMUNITY SERVICE donation (all are optional).
The signup sheet will be passed around at the November meeting, so if you aren’t at the meeting, be sure to let someone on the committee know that you want to come. (Cost will be determined by the next meeting, too.)
Christmas Committee members:
- *Kim Sampson
- *Maria Bradshaw
- Deb Freese
- Alice Allinson
- Andi O’Brien
- April Bartlett
Be sure to come and enjoy the food, the fun, the fellowship, and the friendship!
- DATE: December 19, 2018
- TIME: 6:30 pm
- PLACE: Our regular meeting location. (The Arts Center, 1902 S. Baltimore, Ste. 100)
- BRING: (All are Optional)
- The GAME (Optional): 25 – 5″ squares of ANY fabric
- The GIFT EXCHANGE (Optional): “Pin Cushion Exchange”
- Make a pin cushion to exchange (anything goes)
- Package the pin cushion using something from your recycle bin (box, can, container–the more unusual the better.)
- Possible stuffing for the pin cushion: polyester fiberfill, wool batting, crushed walnut shells (lizard litter), decorative filler sand (floral department at Hobby Lobby), or any combination.
- The COMMUNITY SERVICE Donation (Optional): Bring a pillow case to donate.
- Listed below are several links to the “Burrito Style Pillowcase”. There are lots of other methods, too. Just “Google It” and have fun!
See you at the Christmas Party. You won’t want to miss it!
Saturday’s “Day of Love” (Community Service/Quilt ’til You Wilt) was a big success. Many projects were completed and other projects made great progress. There was a Veteran’s Presentation on Saturday, too.
A big thanks to Elsie for organizing the service day, to the Anonymous Donor(s) who gave the fabric, and to all who helped at Friday night’s set-up and/or Saturday’s event.
Here are some of the photos:
The Hands of Friendship Quilt Guild will be having their 33rd annual show on Friday, June 1st from 3-7 PM and Saturday, June 2nd from 9-4 PM at the William Matthew Middle School at 1515 S. Cottage Grove in Kirksville, Missouri.
- “Pass the Traditions to Quilters of the Future”
- Over 140 quilts
- Raffle Quilt
- Community Service Displays
- Old-fashioned Bed Turning
- Quilts of Valor presentation to honor local veterans for their service to our country
Put this on your calendar and join us for this wonderful event!
Looking for something fun to do this coming Friday, April 27, and Saturday, April 28th? The Kirksville Arts Association is holding a Quilting Weekend, featuring our own Alice Allinson and Andrea O’Brien!
They will be teaching two classes:
- “Crown Quilt” (by the Missouri Star Quilt Company) — Friday, April 27
- “Winter Winds Quilt” (by Scott Flanigan) — Saturday, April 28
Check out the Weekend of Quilting Brochure 2018 for more information, including costs, dates, and times. Even though the registration deadline has passed, please contact the Arts Association ASAP. There is still room for a few more!
These are two beautiful quilts. You won’t want to miss this opportunity. Please let others know, too. Hope to see you this weekend.
Quilt Til You Wilt
- DATE: Saturday, April 14, 2018
- TIME: Doors open at 8 a.m.
- LOCATION: the Annex (300 N. Franklin, Kirksville)
- LUNCH: Carry-in and share an item for lunch OR bring your own lunch.
Here is the website link: http://www.beadsofcourage.org/
- “How it all began” (CBS Sunday Morning Interview): https://youtu.be/WMCcJxO9mnY
- “Kayla’s story”: https://youtu.be/1tUgDCOlaVw
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital Interview: https://youtu.be/Z0JDqHd4vpo
You might want to check out all kinds of Pinterest ideas, too:
Well, it’s that time of year again!! The Hands of Friendship Quilt Guild’s 33rd Annual quilt show is almost upon us. June 1st and 2nd will be here before you know it. It’s time to get your entries submitted. DEADLINE: May 15, 2018
There are two ways to submit your entries: online or in paper form. You may follow the “Online Entry Form” link below to submit it online, or click the “Paper Entry Form” to download and print the form, then mail or give it to Andrea O’Brien:
Please complete one entry form per quilt. You may enter more than one quilt in any of the categories listed on the form. Due to space limitations, quilts will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
We are expecting another great show this year. Plan to be a part of it. Submit your entry form today! If you missed the deadline, please consider entering your quilt in the 2019 Show.